The TCH15-1 Tread Chopper represents EECO's version of a primary shredder, chopping treads from passenger and light-truck tires into a perfect feedstock for use in automated Tire Derived Aggregate (TDA) and Tire Derived Fuel (TDF) systems. It completes EECO's tire processing system when combined with our Sidewall Chipping System
The TCH15-1 Tread Chopper requires tires have sidewalls removed using an SR-1 Sidewall Remover and tread cut with a TC35-1 or TC2-1 Tread Cutter prior to being fed into the TCH15-1. A single operator can be expected to run all 3 machines in sequence at a rate of 2 tires per minute.
This machine requires a short startup operation before use:
- Twist and release the emergency stop, this supplies power to the whole machine.
- Press the Start button for the Conveyor.
- Press the Start button for the Tread Chopper.
- Operation can begin once all 5 lights are on. (Wondering what each light means?)
Once started, operation is simple:
- Feed a tread into the mouth of the machine.
There are several items on a daily and weekly maintenance schedule that must be performed to ensure safe and efficient operation. Most of the common wear parts (sprockets, chain, bearings, etc.) are standard "off the shelf" parts and available locally; all parts are available from EECO.